All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionUnlike many other books in project management that focus on engineering and manufacturing settings, Managing Projects in Organizations encompasses product, engineering, and service-based organizations and has been updated to cover important new developments in software, outsourcing, quality, and related issues. With examples from a range of industries - including government and health care - and an updated bibliography of project management literature, the author goes beyond a mere checklist of techniques to provide a sound overall methodology for dealing with information-age projects. Frame presents a practical, flexible approach to managing projects, with a special emphasis on avoiding pitfalls and making things happen. He provides advice on overcoming problems at the organizational level as well as the team and individual levels, providing pointers on managing human resources and selecting the best team structure. Frame also suggests ways to help identify customer needs, define project requirements, and avoid planning and control problems, offering a range of both standard and lesser-kwn tools for enhancing planning and control.
- Author BiographyJ. DAVIDSON FRAME is professor of management science at George Washington University in Washington, D.C., where he is also founder and director of The International Center for Project Management Excellence, an industry-sponsored research group. Frame has conducted training in project management for thousands of professionals worldwide, including those at NCR/AT&T, Citicorp, and for government agencies such as Fannie Mae. He is the author of The New Project Management (Jossey-Bass, 1994).
- Author(s)J. Davidson Frame
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication29/09/1995
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Out-of-print date20/10/2003
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight492 g
- Width157 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.