All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionManaging Projects in the Real World provides clear and actionable advice to project managers for recognizing, anticipating, and overcoming challenges associated with the human component of leading others. The mechanics of project management are rational and straightforward to learn. The art of project management is irrational and complex to learn. Project managers need to develop a repertoire of soft skills that are typically hard for them, since they rose through the ranks to that position by virtue of superior reasoning skills. But if a project manager cant adjudicate the clash of personalities, finesse the friction between assigned and preferred roles, steer clear of hidden hazards, and diplomatically resolve overlapping assertions of competing authority-that project manager is in a world of trouble. From the human perils of project management, body is better qualified to rescue beleaguered project managers than Melanie McBride-veteran PM and author of the Intel blog, The Accidental Profession. She sheds light on those dark, dusty places that fall between the cracks of theory and best practice out in the real world where irate colleagues, unrealistic product launch dates, and virtual meetings reign supreme and run amok. In this book you'll find targeted discussions and specific techniques to empower you to meet the challenges that project managers face every day. The book is structured into project phases to help any project manager on any kind of project jump right to the tried and true solution for the challenge at hand.
- Author BiographyMelanie McBride, PMP, is a Technical Project Manager at Intel Corporation. With over 15 years' experience managing projects in the semiconductor industry, she has worked variously as product development project manager, operations project manager, and vendor development manager. McBride is a recognized subject matter expert at Intel, where she writes a weekly blog on project management best practices. She speaks regularly at such professional conferences as PMI's Global Congress. She holds an MS in physics from Texas Tech University.
- Author(s)Melanie McBride
- Date of Publication26/11/2013
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight384 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.