CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
About this product
- DescriptionThis publication provides the information necessary to organise, guide and realise the activities related to the selection and assessment of a site through defining the factors for consideration and methodologies for site investigation. Other factors that could have an impact on the final selection, such as national or international politicsare t addressed. This publication also discusses communication with and involvement of stakeholders as this hasa strong influence on the process of selecting a site for a nuclear power plant. This report is intended for use by Member States initiating, restarting or expanding their nuclear power programmes. It gives guidance on the complex organisational, engineering, socio-ecomic, and environmental issues of siting. It aims to enable States to develop detailed country-specific processes for implementation of siting activities or to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the siting process. This publication may be used by utilities assessing the possibilities for building and operating a nuclear power plant as well as by contractors in the nuclear power industry.
- Author(s)International Atomic Energy Agency
- Date of Publication19/06/2012
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleIAEA Nuclear Energy Series
- Place of PublicationVienna
- Country of PublicationAustria
- Content Notecol. figs, tables
- Weight204 g
- Width206 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.