All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- Description'This is a most worthwhile book which contributes significantly to the general body of kwledge on managing pupils with special education needs. I found it interesting and informative. Schools cant but benefit from the book's scope, and from insights into the many and varied aspects on SEN provision' - REACH 'A particular strength of the book is the way in which individual chapters provided self-contained material which lends itself for use in school-based staff development activities. The book includes a lot of information that SENCOs, inclusion managers and members of school leadership teams should find useful' - SENCO Update 'The strongest point about this book is that it gives a good overview of the history of special educational needs policy in this country, including recent development on inclusion' - TES Extra Special Needs 'It is a very practical account and should be a handbook for any newly appointed SENCO...[while] for experienced SENCOs and organisations where inclusion is t an issue, this book is a reminder of good practice' - Special Written from a practitioner's perspective, this book shows schools how to effectively implement and manage an inclusive school environment. Drawing from their experience in a range of schools, the authors highlight the problems encountered by professionals in both primary and secondary school settings and offer practical solutions and advice. The book offers guidance on: the role of the SENCO as a teacher and manager; government policy and legislation; self-evaluation, good practice and monitoring; how to relate SEN to school targets and development plans. Primary and secondary school teachers, headteachers, student teachers, SENCOs, LEA Advisers and professionals involved in the management of Special Educational Needs in schools will find the practical support offered in this book invaluable.
- Author BiographyProfessor Sonia Blandford is Dean of Education at Canterbury Christ Church University College, among the largest providers of initial teacher training and professional development in the United Kingdom. Following a successful career as a teacher in primary and secondary schools, Sonia has worked in Higher Education for eight years. Sonia has acted as an education consultant to Ministries of Education in Eastern Europe, South America and South Africa. Sonia has also worked as an advisor to LEAs, schools and leads the Teach First initiative. As an author of a range of education management texts, Sonia has a reputation for her straightforward approach to difficult issues. Sonia writes in an accessible style, communicating ideas in a pragmatic manner as illustrated in Master Class and columns written for the Guardian.
- Author(s)Sonia Blandford,Suanne Gibson
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/04/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaul Chapman Publishing Ltd
- Out-of-print date03/09/2013
- Weight590 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.