All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSport events are inextricably linked to the places in which they are hosted. High-profile events require high-quality venues, and the proper management of facilities is crucial to their success. Now in a fully revised and updated new edition, Managing Sport Facilities and Major Events is still the only textbook to introduce the fundamentals of sport facility and event management in an international context. With detailed real-world case studies and insights from professional practice, this book offers a systematic guide to the management issues and practical problems that sports managers must address to ensure financial, sporting, and ethical success. It covers all the key aspects of sport facility and major event management including the bidding process, facility development, risk analysis, budgeting, marketing, branding, and quality assurance, as well as completely new chapters on analytics, impact, and legacy. Now supported by a companion website containing slides, test banks, a glossary, and sample syllabus, this is an invaluable resource for students and practitioners alike and is essential to any course on sport facilities, event management or sport administration.
- Author BiographyEric C. Schwarz is a Senior Lecturer in Sport Management and Coordinator of the Postgraduate Courses in Sport Business and Integrity at Victoria University, Australia. Hans Westerbeek is a Professor of International Sport Business, Pro Vice Chancellor - Sport, and Dean of the College of Sport and Exercise Science at Victoria University, Australia. Dongfeng Liu is a Professor of Sport Management at Shanghai University of Sport, China. Paul Emery is a retired sport management educator, as well as co-founder and honorary member of the European Association for Sport Management. Paul Turner is a Senior Lecturer in Sport Management at Deakin University, Australia.
- Author(s)Dongfeng Liu,Eric C. Schwarz,Hans Westerbeek,Paul Emery,Paul Turner
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2016
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note50 black & white illustrations, 21 black & white tables, 29 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.