Managing Systems Migrations and Upgrades: Demystifying the Technology Puzzle by Roxanne E. Burkey, Charles V. Breakfield (Paperback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $90.27+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $28.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
About this product
- DescriptionManaging Systems Migrations and Upgrades is the perfect book for techlogy managers who want a rational guide to evaluating the business aspects of various possible technical solutions. Enterprises today are in the middle of the R&D race for techlogy leadership, with providers who increasingly need to create markets for new techlogies while shortening development, implementation, and life cycles. The cost for the current tempo of techlogy life cycles is endless change-management controls, organizational chaos, production use of high-risk beta products, and greater potential for failure of existing systems during migration. Burkey and Breakfield help you answer questions such as, Is the only solution open to me spending more that the industry average in order to succeed? and What are the warning signs that tell me to pass on a particular product offering? as well as How can my organization avoid the 'technical death marches' typical of the industry? This book will take the confusion out of when to make shifts in your systems and help you evaluate the value proposition of these techlogy changes.
- Author BiographyCharles V. Breakfield, Nortel Networks Engineering Solutions Manager, specializes in designing complex contact centers. He is a certified Microsoft Certified System Engineer, Banyan Network Engineer, and Netware Systems Administrator. His experience with solutions of business issues through technology application has made him a prime resource for complex integrations solutions. Roxanne E. Burkey, Nortel Networks Senior Systems Engineer, has provided in-depth client analysis and design support for information systems based on business requirements for over 20 years. She holds a Master's Degree in Information Systems. Burkey is the author of several articles on data handling and data integration with current technology, and has led many workshops with a focus on relating business, technology, and human factor issues during technology migration.
- Author(s)Charles V. Breakfield,Roxanne E. Burkey
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication06/05/2002
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDigital Press
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight760 g
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.