All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloping an effective website is important for any organization. While the web designer must create a visually appealing navigable site, the information manager must determine what information is relevant and useful to the end-user. The fully revised and updated edition of this successful book is a guide to developing a website strategy, defining objectives for your website, and gaining an understanding of how to publish information on the web. Since the publication of the first edition the skills required to achieve these aims have become more complex. There is a wider range of authoring software, and users expect more sophisticated sites. Information professionals are finding it necessary to acquire a greater depth of technical skills or a greater understanding of what they wish web designers to do. The contribution of information professionals is w actively sought by web designers, particularly in information-related skills such as metadata and content management, usability, and an understanding of search engines. As well as emphasizing the importance of these major developments, the new edition also covers the many new published standards available. It also examines such key areas as information architecture, content management, portals, weblogs, outsourcing and reputation management. A jargon-busting glossary is provided, together with a helpful list of further reading and other reference sources. Readership: This book is a useful guide for all librarians and information managers involved in establishing and managing an operational website. It is essential reading for senior managers wishing to increase their awareness of how best to structure and organize their web service, and who want to understand more about the essential role that library and information professionals should play.
- Author BiographyPeter Griffiths BA FCLIP MCLIP is Assistant Director, Communication Directorate at the Home Office, where he is Head of Profession for librarians and information scientists. His responsibilities extend not only to library and information services in the Home Office and Prison Service Headquarters but also to intranet and internet publication, an internal reference service, knowledge management, and information support to the research community.
- Author(s)Peter Griffiths
- PublisherFacet Publishing
- Date of Publication15/01/2004
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFacet Publishing
- Weight386 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.