All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarine resources and fish stocks are w high on the international and ecomic research agendas, and the management of highly complex marine ecosystems is increasingly important. The task is complicated by the number of interlinked factors to be taken into account, such as social impacts, drainage systems, marine currents and the ecosystems involved. This interdisciplinary volume presents a comprehensive blueprint for managing a sea. Focused on the Baltic Sea, it employs a range of methods and techniques, including nutrient budgets and simulation models, Geographical Information Systems (GIS), ecomic valuation and policy analysis, to arrive at an assessment of causes and consequences of pollution in the sea and the management of its resources. From the analysis of data on land use, population, costs of nutrient reductions and associated impacts, it presents significant and highly practical empirical and policy results. It diagses the causes of marine degradation, identifies through the use of simulation models cost-effective strategies for remediation and sets out the policies to be pursued collectively by the countries around the sea to restore and manage their common resource. This is an exemplary study in the application of ecological ecomics to complex natural resource systems. It will be of interest to students, researchers and professionals working on any aspect of marine ecosystem management.
- Author BiographyIng-Marie Gren is professor of environmental and resource economics at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, and research associate at the Beijer International Institute of Ecological Economics, Stockholm. Kerry Turner is professor of environmental sciences and Director of the Centre for Social and Economic Research on the Global Environmental (CSERGE) at the University of East Anglia, Norwich. Fredrik Wulff is professor of marine biology at the Department of Systems Ecology, University of Stockholm.
- Author(s)Frederick Wulff,Ing-Marie Gren,R. Kerry Turner
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2000
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Weight249 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.