Managing for the Environment: Understanding the Legal, Organizational, and Policy Challenges by Robert F. Durant, Daniel J. Fiorino, Rosemary O'Leary, Paul S. Weiland (Paperback, 1998)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $79.85Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $104.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNamed Best Book in Public and Nonprofit Management, 1999-2000 Academy of Management Named Best Book in Environmental Management, 1999 American Society for Public Administration Leaking landfills, oil contamination, illegal waste disposal, and pervasive air pollution ...Today's managers and policy makers face a multitude of environmental challenges, choices, and opportunities. Some work in the public or private sectors. Some are regulators or regulated. Whether they are environmental specialists or t, managers must understand scientifically complex environmental mandates and shifting ambiguities in order to address them proactively. They must t only cultivate organizational awareness of environmental values, but also remain committed to engaging in these values. The authors of Managing for the Environment draw from their extensive managing, consulting, and research experiences to give managers, elected officials, students, and concerned citizens the tools they need to address environmental issues effectively. Authoritative, insightful, and the first of its kind to take a strategic management view, this book: Describes current issues and trends in environmental affairs, including sustainable development, risk-based priority setting, managing for results, market incentives, and environmental justice Explains what readers should kw about environmental laws and their implementation Shows how managers can incorporate environmental management concepts into their organizations' thinking by linking strategies, structures, and informational systems Offers strategies for overcoming the political, ecomic, and organizational obstacles to doing so Provides methods for understanding, defining, and communicating environmental risks and responses to employees, the media, and communities Presents constructive conflict resolution strategies for handling difficult environmental disputes
- Author BiographyROSEMARY O'LEARY is a noted consultant and professor of public administration at the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs at Syracuse University. ROBERT F. DURANT is professor of public administration and public policy in the Department of Political Science and the George Bush School of Government and Public Service at Texas A&M University. DANIEL J. FIORINO has written extensively on various environmental issues and strategies. He has over twenty years of experience in national environmental policy making. PAUL S. WEILAND, who is a J.D. candidate at Harvard Law School, has a Ph.D. in public policy from Indiana University.
- Author(s)Daniel J. Fiorino,Paul S. Weiland,Robert F. Durant,Rosemary O'Leary
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication27/11/1998
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight735 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine37 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $18.62New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
- AU $24.96New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.92New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $32.17New
- AU $20.04New
- AU $20.03New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $21.00Trending at AU $22.75
- AU $31.11Trending at AU $31.93
- AU $79.24Trending at AU $90.07
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $41.88Trending at AU $42.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.