All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFoot problems in diabetic patients are some of the most challenging complications to treat, due to an often quite late presentation of symptoms from the patient. Therefore visual recognition of presenting clinical signs is absolutely key for a successful diagsis and subsequently, the right management programme. The 3rd edition of Managing the Diabetic Foot once again provides a practical, handy and accessible pocket guide to the clinical management of patients with severe feet problems associated with diabetes, such as ulcers, infections and necrosis. By focusing on the need for a speedy response to the clinical signs, it will enable doctors make rapid, effective management decisions in order to help prevent deterioration and avoid the need for evental foot amputation. Each chapter focuses specifically on the different stages of foot disease and the clinical management required at that particular stage, ie, the rmal foot; high-risk foot, ulcerated foot, infected foot, necrotic foot and unsalvageable foot. Full colour throughout, it will feature over 150 clinical photos, numerous hints and tips to aid rapid-reference, as well as the latest national and international guidelines on diabetic foot management. Managing the Diabetic Foot, 3E, is the ideal go-to clinical tool for all diabetes professionals, specialist diabetes nurses and podiatrists managing patients with diabetic foot problems.
- Author BiographyMichael E Edmonds MD FRCP is Consultant Physician, King's Diabetes Centre, King's College Hospital, London. A BMA award-winning author (for A Practical Manual of Diabetic Footcare), Dr Edmonds is a world-renowned expert on diabetic foot disease and has lectured throughout the world, giving the inaugural Roger Pecoraro Lecture at the ADA annual meeting. He is Chairman of the Diabetic Foot Study Group of the EASD and has had 66 journal articles published. Alethea V M Foster BA(Hons) PGCE MChS SRCh DipPodM sadly passed away in January 2011, but was a key figure in diabetic foot disease and the author of multiple books on the topic. She was involved in the development of the UK Government's National Service Framework for Diabetes, implemented in all hospitals, clinics and primary care practices from 2004 until the present day. In 2003, she was the first podiatrist to be awarded the International Diabetic Foot Award, which is only awarded every four years to an individual who has played a pivotal role in developing diabetic foot care.
- Author(s)Alethea V.M. Foster,Michael E. Edmonds
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication14/02/2014
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteill
- Weight264 g
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.