All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionManaging the Fiscal Metropolis: The Financial Policies, Practices, and Health of Suburban Municipalities is an important book. This first comprehensive analysis of the financial condition, management, and policy making of local governments in a metropolitan region offers local governments currently dealing with the Great Recession a better understanding of what affects them financially and how to operate with less revenue. Hendrick's groundbreaking study covers 264 Chicago suburban municipalities from the late 1990s to the present. In it she identifies and describes the primary factors and events that affect municipal financial decisions and financial conditions, explores the strategies these governments use to manage financial conditions and solve financial problems, and looks at the impact of contextual factors and stresses on government financial decisions. Managing the Fiscal Metropolis offers new evidence about the role of contextual factors- including other local governments-in the financial condition of municipalities and how municipal financial decisions and practices alter these effects. The wide ecomic and social diversity of the municipalities studied make its findings relevant on a national scale.
- Author BiographyRebecca M. Hendrick is an associate professor in the Department of Public Administration at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Author(s)Rebecca M. Hendrick
- PublisherGeorgetown University Press
- Date of Publication02/12/2011
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleAmerican Governance and Public Policy Series
- Place of PublicationWashington, DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGeorgetown University Press
- Content Note28 figures, 44 tables
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.