All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll social animals communicate with each other, from the tiniest ant to the largest whale, but only humans have developed a language, which is more than a series of learnt sounds and signals. Our ability to communicate in this way is probably how we climbed to the top of the survival tree; left-brain hemisphere development bringing us the gift of logic, discernment and practicality. Art has been in the human consciousness for more than 40,000 years. It's as unique to us as a species as being able to talk. We have developed the ability to create art as a plan or aspect of future and t just to copy what we see. Our ancestors Homo Erectus, left traces of art in caves from over 40,000 years ago. For an ability to have survived the test of time over tens of thousands of years, must make it an important skill, and even fundamental to our survival; right-brain hemisphere's ability to tap into the Zeitgeist, probably why we stayed at the top of the survival tree!The large majority of us enjoy creating art when we are children, but then by the age of around 9 most of us stop. We either decide for ourselves we cant draw or else we are told that we cant! This book brings forward reasons why art ( a divine feminine aspect) is w, at this particular time in our evolution, more important than ever. Why we need to revive it as a common tool to create our future or otherwise walk in the shoe's of Neanderthal, who went extinct!
- Author BiographyFashion designer and business woman for 20 years, June-Elleni is now Shamanic/Tantric Psychic Artist, author, course leader, workshop and retreat leader and host of radio chat show - often seen in the media and with a mission to move beyond the limited perspective of the five senses and the ego.
- Author(s)June-Elleni Laine
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication16/04/2009
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationNew Alresford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintO Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.