All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeresa Oates and Angela Villella are passionate in their quest to preserve the customs and vibrant food culture of their parents' native Calabria, and to introduce new generations to the joys of simple, generous cooking with the freshest produce. In their first, bestselling book, Mangia! Mangia!, they celebrated home-style southern Italian food and their families' life-affirming seasonal food rituals. Mangia! Mangia! Gatherings is all about accogliarsi, the spirit of coming together that permeates the lives of those in this close-knit community, and the traditional recipes that embody this spirit. Join Teresa and Angela as they clear out their garages to celebrate family christenings and first communions, and delight in the time-houred rituals and frenzied food preparation these entail. Experience a wedding, southern Italian style, with music, ceremony and a magnificent platter of porchetta (roast suckling pig) adorned with sparklers. Find out why nnas start their Christmas baking in November, and learn about the respectful spirit of generosity that offers comfort to a grieving family with a pot of homemade brodo (soup). Featuring 110 authentic Italian recipes, including plenty of everyday meals, as well as elaborate feasts to feed a crowd and sweet treats for special occasions, this book will soon become a well-thumbed volume in your collection as you come together to cook and eat with your loved ones.
- Author BiographyTeresa Oates has worked as a personal chef and caterer. She is a Melbourne mum who was brought up in an Italian-migrant family, surrounded by good, fresh produce and a passionate food culture. In a quest to 'rescue their mammas' recipes from extinction', Teresa and her good friend Angela Villella have banded together to set up www.mangiamangia.com.au, a site to share their family recipes and to encourage others to preserve their family food history, whatever their story or ethnic-background. Their first book, Mangia! Mangia!, explores their families' food culture and recipes.
- Author(s)Angela Villella,Teresa Oates
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication26/02/2014
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationCamberwell
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2014
- Weight952 g
- Width201 mm
- Height258 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $36.33Trending at AU $38.28
- AU $43.75Trending at AU $48.78
- AU $38.00Trending at AU $60.52
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $29.46
- AU $16.58Trending at AU $18.63
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.