All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.26New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.75New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
About this product
- DescriptionThe book provides an up-to-date account of mangrove forests from Asia, together with restoration techniques, and the management requirements of these ecosystems to ensure their sustainability and conservation. All aspects of mangroves and their conservation are critically re-examined. The book is divided into three sections presenting the distribution and status of mangrove ecosystems in Asia, the challenges they are facing, their issues and opportunities, and the management strategies for their conservation.
- Author BiographyDr. Ibrahim Faridah-Hanum is a Professor of Forest Botany and Dean of the Faculty of Forestry at Universiti Putra Malaysia. She is the Editor-in-Chief of the 75-year-old journal The Malaysian Forester, editor of the Japanese journal TROPICS, and editor of Pakistan Journal of Botany. Prof. Emeritus Dato' Dr. Abdul Latiff Mohamad has served as a Professor of Botany at Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia since 1991 and was appointed Dean of the Faculty of Science and Technology in 2002. He has published more than 450 papers, abstracts, and reports and has edited more than 60 books and proceedings. Prof. Latiff is the Chairman of WWF (Malaysia) and Chairman of Pulau Banding Foundation (Malaysia). Dr. Khalid Rehman Hakeem is a post doctorate research fellow at Universiti Putra Malaysia. He has edited and authored more than seven books, more than 20 research publications in peer-reviewed journals, and 10 book chapters. Prof. Munir Ozturk is a Consultant Fellow at the Faculty of Forestry, Universiti Putra Malaysia. He has published more than 400 papers in national and international journals, more than 50 book chapters, and has edited more than 10 books with Springer and Cambridge Scholars.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/08/2016
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note15 black & white illustrations, 133 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight747 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byI. Faridah-Hanum,Khalid Rehman Hakeem,Munir Ozturk
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2014
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.