Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionMangroves is Laurie Duggan's first book of poems since his New and Selected Poems 1971-1993 and Memorials, both published in 1996. From the Ash Range to The Epigrams of Marshal, he has published ten poetry collections as well as a cultural history, Ghost Nation, published by UQP in 2001.This generous collection reveals a change in direction by this long-time Melbourne resident. The first half was written in Brisbane. It broadens the range of Duggan's work, adding to his customary wit and documentary approach a new sense of philosophical investigation. The second half contains work from the early nineties including 'Twentieth Century', a group of translations from an Italian Futurist poet, and concludes with the long prose poem, 'The Minutes', a hallucinatory meditation on art and politics in Melbourne.
- Author BiographyAuthors Bio, not available
- PrizesWinner of Age Book of the Year: Poetry 2003.
- Author(s)Laurie Duggan
- PublisherUniversity of Queensland Press
- Date of Publication03/02/2003
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationSt Lucia
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintUniversity of Queensland Press
- Weight152 g
- Width132 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 8 To 12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.