All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionManias, Panics and Crashes , is a scholarly and entertaining account of the way that mismanagement of money and credit has led to financial explosions over the centuries. Covering such topics as the history and anatomy of crises, speculative manias, and the lender of last resort, this book has been hailed as 'a true classic...both timely and timeless.' In this new, updated fifth edition, Kindleberger and Aliber expand upon the ideas presented in the previous edition, and include two new chapters on the real estate price bubble that occurred in Norway, Sweden and Finland at the end of the 1980s, and the three asset price bubbles that occurred between 1985 and 2000 in Japan and other Asian countries. Selected as one of the best investment books of all time by the Financial Times, Manias, Panics and Crashes puts the turbulence of the financial world in perspective.
- Author BiographyCHARLES P. KINDLEBERGER was the Ford Professor of Economics at MIT for 33 years. He was a financial historian and prolific writer who has published 30 books. ROBERT ALIBER is a professor of International Economics and Finance at the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business, where he has been a faculty member since 1965.
- Author(s)Charles Poor Kindleberger,Robert Z. Aliber
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication10/08/2005
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight489 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.