All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this study Edmund Creeth discovers an intimate, unique, and previously unsuspected kinship between three Shakespearean tragedies-Macbeth, Othello, and King Lear-and the three oldest extant theological dramas about Mankynde-The Castell of Perseverance, Wisdom Who Is Christ, and The Pride of Life. Creeth's revolutionary discovery of parallels between the two sets of plays and his invative method of studying these parallels suggest provocative new ways of looking at Shakespeare's tragedies and constitute a major new direction in Shakespearean scholarship.
- Author BiographyEdmund Creeth (1928-1997) was a professor emeritus of English at the University of Michigan. He is also the editor of Tudor Plays and Tudor Prose, 1513-1570.
- Author(s)Edmund Creeth
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.