All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis stunningly illustrated two-volume publication documents the creation and exhibition of seven works by rewned Spanish artist Malo Valdes in The New York Botanical Garden. Like the Garden, Valdes' sculptures are bold and beautiful, monumental yet ethereal in the way they transform with the changing light of each day and each season. Like the Garden, Valdes' sculptures are an expression of human ingenuity and creativity that celebrates the depth and mystery of nature. Spread across a 250-acre National Historic Landmark landscape in the Bronx, the rthernmost Borough of New York City, The New York Botanical Garden is a paradise of nature. The grand scale and incomparable beauty of the Garden's landscape and architecture make it the perfect setting for exhibiting sculpture, particularly monumental works inspired by nature.
- Author BiographyManolo Valdes is an award-winning artist known for his large works that combine political and social imagery with humour. The New York Botanical Garden has been host to works by some of the world's most renowned sculptor and artists, including Pablo Picasso, Aristide Maillol, Alberto Giacometti, Dale Chihuly, and Henry Moore.
- PublisherLa Fabrica
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationMadrid
- Country of PublicationSpain
- ImprintLa Fabrica
- Content Notephotographs throughout
- Weight2517 g
- Width365 mm
- Height310 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byLa Fabrica
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.