All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMantids is an update on the world's oldest vel--Petronius's Satyricon--with a twist. In Satyricon, the hero can't get an erection; in Mantids, the narrator can't get rid of one. Combine his Viagra overdose with an invasion by mutant female praying mantises and a suzzed-out, speed-tweaker Astoria, Oregon locale; add biting comedy and a warrior heroine and stir into a B-movie plot stew and you have a classic Dakron vel, chock full of sardonic prose and more fun than a barrel of junkies.
- Author BiographyRon Dakron is the author of four novels--infra, Newt, Hammers, and Mantids--. His work runs the gamut from surrealism to sci-fi pastiche. Point No Point tagged his novels as a cross between jive bullshit, hip-hop Henny Youngman, and full-tilt Rimbaudian street-smartass sublimity. Raven Chronicles judged him as sinister as a thirteen-year-old with a lighter and a keg of butane. Publishers Weekly deemed him a writer with a fine ear and plenty of gusto.
- Author(s)Ron Dakron
- PublisherBlack Heron Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2008
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationSeattle, WA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlack Heron Press
- Weight294 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $52.84
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.