All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis 2001 book provides a comprehensive review of the origin and history of mantle plumes throughout geologic time. The book describes the exciting results of the last few years, and integrates an immense amount of material from the fields of geology, geophysics, and geochemistry that bear on mantle plumes. Included are chapters on hotspots and mantle upwelling, large igneous provinces (including examples from Mars and Venus), mantle plume generation and melting in plumes, plumes as tracers of mantle processes, plumes and continental growth, Archean mantle plumes, superplumes, mantle plume events in Earth history, and their effect on the atmosphere, oceans, and life. This book will be valuable as a textbook for advanced undergraduate and graduate courses in geophysics, geochemistry, and geology, and will also form a reference text for researchers in the Earth sciences from a variety of disciplines.
- Author(s)Kent C. Condie
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/10/2001
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note181 b/w illus. 4 colour illus.
- Weight570 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.