All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEver since the termilogy, concepts and tools of Evidence-Based (EB) were introduced, doctors have been trying to apply them to improve the care they provide to patients. Anyone who has heard the term 'EB' kws that on the surface, it sounds like a logical good idea. But grasping the essence and technicalities of many of EB's attributes is t that easy for the vast majority of clinical practitioners for whom a lot of the ideas of EB are directed. Dr Chiappelli's first hand experience teaching EB to dental students, residents and practitioners clearly pointed out to him the need for a central source of information, explanations and tutorials. The feedback from the 'stakeholders' of EB inspired this gifted teacher to put together the Manual of Evidence-Based Research for the Health Sciences as a complete resource. This comprehensive manual will be an essential text for students, scientists, clinicians, policy makers and industry product developers enabling them to have access to all of the parts and complexities associated with evaluating and applying information using the tools and concepts that have become associated with EB.
- Author BiographyProfessor Chiappelli was born and raised in Western Europe. He obtained his bachelors (1975), masters (1981) and Ph.D. degrees (1986) at the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA). Having completed his post-doctoral training at UCLA, he obtained his first NIH 5-year grant and established his laboratory in human fundamental and clinical psychoneuroimmunology at the West Los Angeles Veterans Administration in 1992. In 1994, he was recruited by the UCLA School of Dentistry, which he has served continuously in the tenured faculty track for the last two decades. Professor Chiappelli also served as Special Assistant to the Vice-Provost for Graduate Education at UCLA. Professor Chiappelli, a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, and Fulbright Alumnus, was conferred an honorary doctorate for his contribution to the establishment of the novel science of comparative effectiveness research in the health sciences in general, and in endodontics in particular, in 2013. Professor Chiappelli also contributes to the graduate health sciences program at the California State University, Northridge (CSUN).
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2007
- SubjectDentistry & Dental Nursing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Content Notetables & charts
- Weight882 g
- Width260 mm
- Height180 mm
- Edited byFrancesco Chiappelli
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.