All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA complete and authoritative illustrated guide to caring for koi for optimum health and beauty. Keeping koi is one of the pinnacles of the art of fish keeping. The magnificent and often expensive fish have inspired a fanatical following, with collectors prepared to devote a lot of time and resources to creating a flourishing koi pond. One of the top priorities for koi keepers is coping with fish that become ill. Left untreated, many fish suffer and die. In Manual of Koi Health, two internationally recognized koi professionals give practical advice on how to create a healthy environment for koi and how to prevent, diagse and treat diseases. The book is divided into four parts:
- Part one addresses the all-important subject of disease prevention, which includes creating the optimal environment. A checklist outlines regular maintenance tasks to ensure water quality.
- Part two covers the essential skills of koi keeping, including anatomy, biology and handling koi.
- Part three is a comprehensive A-to-Z guide that covers diagsis and treatment of commonly encountered koi disease.
- Part four describes various methods to administer treatment to koi, such as medicinal baths and dips.
- Author BiographyTony Pitham owns a koi business and writes articles that provide advice for fishkeepers.Keith Holmes has 25 years' experience with aquatic and ornamental fish management and koi health. He has written many articles for fish hobby magazines and associations.
- Author(s)Keith Holmes,Tony Pitham
- PublisherFirefly Books Ltd
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintFirefly Books Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, black & white line drawings, colour line drawings
- Weight454 g
- Width165 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
- Edition Statement2nd
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.21New
- AU $18.80New
- AU $10.94Used
- AU $24.85New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.60New
- AU $6.47Used
- AU $19.97New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.81New
- AU $11.56Used
- AU $24.00New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.99
- AU $18.58Trending at AU $23.86
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.06
- AU $79.06Trending at AU $90.48
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.