All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis manual presents a carefully researched, detailed psychodynamic treatment program for the alleviation of a transdiagstic range of primary Axis I anxiety disorders, including panic disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, and related psychological problems. First exploring the principles of psychodynamic theory and formulation, the authors then present a three-phased process of Panic Focused Psychodynamic Psychotherapy-Extended Range (PFPP-XR): initial evaluation, interpretation of central conflicts and defense mechanisms, and termination. Each phase is discussed in depth and relies on central case illustrations to demonstrate techniques and results. A subsequent chapter explores how to address complex issues that may arise during the course of treatment. Altogether, this manual t only provides a demonstrated, adaptable approach for anxiety disorders, but also clearly embodies a spirit of research and empiricism heretofore rare in psychodynamic psychotherapies, with an eye toward future development.
- Author BiographyFredric N. Busch, M.D., is Clinical Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Weill Cornell Medical College, and Faculty, Columbia University Institute for Psychoanalytic Training and Research. He is co-author of Psychotherapy and Medication (Analytic Press, 2007) and editor of Mentalization (Routledge, 2008). Barbara L. Milrod, M.D., is Professor of Psychiatry, Weill Cornell Medical College, and Faculty, New York Psychoanalytic Institute and Columbia University Institute for Psychoanalytic Training and Research. Meriamne B. Singer, M.D., is Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, Faculty Research Associate, Weill Cornell Medical College, and Faculty, Columbia University Institute for Psychoanalytic Training and Research. Andrew C. Aronson, M.D., is Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Medical Director of Ambulatory Psychiatry Services, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Adjunct Research Associate in Psychiatry, Weill Cornell Medical College, and Member, New York Psychoanalytic Society and Institute.
- Author(s)Andrew C. Aronson,Barbara L. Milrod,Fredric N. Busch,Meriamne B. Singer
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/10/2011
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitlePsychoanalytic Inquiry Book Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white tables
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.