All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionMetal cutting is widely used in producing manufactured products. The techlogy has advanced considerably along with new materials, computers and sensors. This new edition considers the scientific principles of metal cutting and their practical application to manufacturing problems. It begins with metal cutting mechanics, principles of vibration and experimental modal analysis applied to solving shop floor problems. There is in-depth coverage of chatter vibrations, a problem experienced daily by manufacturing engineers. Programming, design and automation of CNC (computer numerical control) machine tools, NC (numerical control) programming and CAD/CAM techlogy are discussed. The text also covers the selection of drive actuators, feedback sensors, modelling and control of feed drives, the design of real time trajectory generation and interpolation algorithms and CNC-oriented error analysis in detail. Each chapter includes examples drawn from industry, design projects and homework problems. This is ideal for advanced undergraduate and graduate students and also practising engineers.
- Author BiographyYusuf Altintas is current NSERC Pratt and Whitney Canada Research Chair in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of British Columbia. He is also the Director of the Manufacturing Automation Laboratory at the University of British Columbia. He is a Fellow of CIRP (1997), ASME (1998), SME (2007), Canadian Academy of Engineers (2007), Pratt and Whitney Canada (2008), University of Tokyo (2010) and Royal Society of Canada (2010). He is the author of the first edition of Manufacturing Automation: Metal Cutting Mechanics, Machine Tool Vibrations, and CNC Design (2000).
- Author(s)Yusuf Altintas
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/12/2011
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note144 b/w illus. 24 tables 54 exercises
- Weight660 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.