All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are competing theories to explain the reasons behind the international competitiveness of manufacturing in Asia. Analysing these different theories will bring important lessons, t just for Asia, but for developing ecomies the world over. This lucid book studies industries and firms in East Asia and examines the major determinants of their ecomic performance. With contributions from such leading thinkers as Ha-Joon Chang and Rajah Rasiah, the book covers such themes as: *industrial policy and East Asia *Taiwan's information techlogy industry *The role of the government in techlogical capability building Manufacturing Competitiveness in Asia touches on many important themes and issues and as such will be of great interest to students, academics and policy-makers involved in industrial ecomics, international trade and Asian studies.
- Author BiographyJomo K. S.. is Professor in the Applied Economics Department of the University of Malaya, Malaysia. Another of his books, Southeast Asian Paper Tigers? is also published by Routledge in 2003.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in the Growth Economies of Asia
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight378 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byKwame Sundaram Jomo
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.