All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe subject for this book is my life work on the enterprise modeling and integration by a stochastic/queuing form, and the book plan was conceived before my stay in the USA in 1996-97 as a visiting scholar. The rst title was Stochastic Management and Design of Manufacturing Systems. The rst version was attempted in 2001; however, this version was inappropriate and was t revised till w. It is 40 years since I attempted a stochastic approach to manufacturing and management due to the limitations of statistical approaches. The century in which industrial engineering and management rose to the forefront was one in which a static/statistical approach was applied to the development of classical models and general/average theory. This book presents a stochastic management approach to the manufacturing and service enterprise with risks by a game/strategic view, and is based on many papers in production/queueing studies that have appeared in famous journals. The book's objective is to discuss and show the goals and constraints on manufacturing and service enterprises, and to provide a strategic/collaborative solution for management with risks in heterogeneity. This book mainly focuses on the three manufacturing classes: continuous, poi- wise, and exible stream types under risks. These manufacturing streams are rst studied using the respective stochastic processes, and are characterized and dev- oped as a queueing/strategic control problem of look-ahead/buffer, selection/swit- over, and arrangement/routings. Moreover, the behaviors of some design/control variables are shown and useful theories for design are established.
- Author BiographyIn writing this book, Prof. Matsui draws from his more than 35 years of research in production and queueing studies. The book will mainly focus upon strategic classes: continuous, pair-wise, and flexible stream types under risks.
- Author(s)Masayuki Matsui
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/10/2008
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleInternational Series in Operations Research & Management Science
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 125
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note80 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1310 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.