All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.95
About this product
- DescriptionIn large cities in developed countries, the share of manufacturing has declined drastically in the last decades and the share of service has grown as many manufacturing firms have closed or moved to lower-cost locations. The process of deindustrialization is often seen as part of the inevitable shift towards a kwledge based ecomy and urban ecomies come to rely on research and development, financial services, tourism and the creative industries. This book looks at the changing link between manufacturing and kwledge-based activities in urban regions. The authors develop a new framework drawing on insights from organization studies and regional ecomic literature looking at various international case studies in Western and Eastern Europe, South America and Asia.
- Author BiographyDr. Willem van Winden works as a professor in the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences. He is an expert in the field of urban and regional development and strategies.
- Author(s)Erwin van Tuijl,Leo van den Berg,Luis Carvalho,Willem van Winden
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/08/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleRegions and Cities
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note122 black & white illustrations, 42 black & white tables, 122 black & white line drawings
- Weight725 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.