All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionA deluxe limited edition signed by the author, with a silk ribbon marker, illustrated endpapers, and foil-stamped case, in a special presentation box of the latest vel from the #1 internationally best-selling author of The Alchemist.There is thing wrong with anxiety.Although we cant control God s time, it is part of the human condition to want to receive the thing we are waiting for as quickly as possible.Or to drive away whatever is causing our fear. . . .Anxiety was born in the very same moment as mankind. And since we will never be able to master it, we will have to learn to live with it just as we have learned to live with storms.* * * July 14, 1099. Jerusalem awaits the invasion of the crusaders who have surrounded the city s gates. There, inside the ancient city s walls, men and women of every age and every faith have gathered to hear the wise words of a mysterious man kwn only as the Copt. He has summoned the townspeople to address their fears with truth: Tomorrow, harmony will become discord. Joy will be replaced by grief. Peace will give way to war. . . . None of us can kw what tomorrow will hold, because each day has its good and its bad moments. So, when you ask your questions, forget about the troops outside and the fear inside. Our task is t to leave a record of what happened on this date for those who will inherit the Earth; history will take care of that. Therefore, we will speak about our daily lives, about the difficulties we have had to face. The people begin with questions about defeat, struggle, and the nature of their enemies; they contemplate the will to change and the virtues of loyalty and solitude; and they ultimately turn to questions of beauty, love, wisdom, sex, elegance, and what the future holds. What is success? poses the Copt. It is being able to go to bed each night with your soul at peace. * * * Now, these many centuries later, the wise man s answers are a record of the human values that have endured throughout time. And, in Paulo Coelho s hands, The Manuscript Found in Accrareveals that who we are, what we fear, and what we hope for the future come from the kwledge and belief that can be found within us, and t from the adversity that surrounds us.
- Author BiographyOne of the most influential writers of our time, Paulo Coelho is the author of many international best sellers, includingThe Alchemist, Aleph, Eleven Minutes, andThe Pilgrimage. Translated into 74 languages, his books have sold more than 140 million copies in more than 170 countries. He is a member of the Brazilian Academy of Letters, and in 2007, he was named a United Nations Messenger of Peace.
- Author(s)Paulo Coelho
- PublisherKnopf Publishing Group
- Date of Publication02/04/2013
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKnopf Publishing Group
- Weight517 g
- Width150 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Translated byMargaret Jull Costa
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.