All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy taking the principles of manuscript genetics and using them to engage in a comparative study of James Joyce and Samuel Beckett, Dirk Van Hulle has produced a provocative work that re-imagines the links between the two authors. His elegant readings reveal that the most striking similarities between these two lie t in their nationality or style but in their shared fascination with the process of revision.Van Hulle's thoughtful application of genetic theory--the study of a work from manuscript to final form in its various iterations--marks a new phase in this dynamic field of inquiry. As one of only a handful of books in English dealing with this emerging area of study, Manuscript Genetics, Joyce's Kw-How, Beckett's Nohow will be indispensable t only to Joyce and Beckett scholars but also to anyone interested in genetic criticism.
- Author BiographyDirk Van Hulle is associate professor of English at the University of Antwerp.
- Author(s)Dirk van Hulle
- PublisherUniversity Press of Florida
- Date of Publication15/05/2009
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Florida
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Series Edited bySebastian D. G. Knowles
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.