All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionPrinceton University first started collecting Western manuscripts in 1876 and continues to this day with the specific aim of developing a research and teaching tool. That unique collection of medieval manuscripts forms the nucleus of this collection of essays. Stretching from Ottonian to the late Gothic-early Renaissance periods, these studies examine the secular as well as the religious and look at a variety of themes, from the book of hours to the grisaille manuscript. The studies all attempt to place the university's collection in the broader framework of manuscript studies, and a number of them deal with general topics t represented within the manuscript library. Written by some of the most celebrated scholars in the field, the studies make every effort to help us understand the power of the written and illuminated word.The contributors are Adelaide Bennett, Walter Cahn, Marc Michael Epstein, Marilyn Aronberg Lavin, Henry Mayr-Harting, Elizabeth Moodey, Stella Panayotova, Virginia Reinburg, Mary Rouse, Richard Rouse, Lucy Freeman Sandler, Don C. Skemer, Anne Rudloff Stanton, and Patricia Stirnemann.
- Author BiographyColum Hourihane is Director of the Index of Christian Art, Princeton University.
- PublisherIndex of Christian Art Dept. of Art and Archeology Princeton
- Date of Publication25/12/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleIndex of Christian Art: Occasional Papers
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndex of Christian Art Dept. of Art and Archeology Princeton
- Content Notecolour illustrations, black & white halftones, colour illustrations
- Weight1016 g
- Width213 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDirector Colum Hourihane
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.