All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMasculinity, it appears, is in crisis. Diminished by feminists, mocked by their peers and ridiculed by the media, it seems t a week goes by when men are t being accused of being too violent, too stupid or too sexual.The world in which men roamed the planet with an innate sense of entitlement, comfortable in their role in a society that deemed them the stronger, smarter, intrinsically superior sex, has been replaced with one filled with 'manxiety', where men feel slighted by the people they work for (or don't), by the friends they feel they can't possibly compete with and by the women they date.With typical wit and unrestrained perspicacity, Dylan Jones explores the myriad reasons that men appear to be in a perpetual state of stress, wondering where they fit into a world that seemingly longer has any use for them.Could it be time for a men's movement, he asks, something that encourages men to 'fight back' and brings them back into the fold? Or are men simply over-reacting to a welcome redressing of the balance of the sexes? Should men just get over themselves, dust off that old bravado and, well, man up?P ROVOCATIONS is a groundbreaking new series of short polemics composed by some of the most intriguing voices in contemporary culture and edited by Yasmin Alibhai-Brown. Sharp, intelligent and controversial, Provocations provides insightful contributions to the most vital discussions in society today.
- Author BiographyDylan Jones has written fifteen books on subjects as diverse as music, politics, etiquette and photography. His book about the Prime Minister, Cameron on Cameron, was shortlisted for the Channel 4 Political Book of the Year, while his biography of Jim Morrison, Dark Star, was a New York Times bestseller. He has been an editor at The Observer, the Sunday Times, i-D and The Face, and is currently the editor-in-chief of GQ. He was awarded an OBE in the Queen's Honours List in 2013. He lives in London and Powys with his family.
- Author(s)Dylan Jones
- PublisherBiteback Publishing
- Date of Publication29/07/2016
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBiteback Publishing
- Width120 mm
- Height200 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.34
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.