All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany Cultures, One Team is an essential aid for anyone who leads, is a member of, consults with, or supports global teams. Starting from the premise that the concept of team is culturally bound, Catherine Mercer Bing provides guidance for improving team function and performance. Drawing on her extensive experience in supporting global teams, she challenges team leaders and members to reflect on their cultural assumptions to improve their cultural metacognition and provides key advice concerning engagement, productivity, and human process interactions on teams. Global competition is fierce, and the timeframe within which businesses maintain their competitive advantage is w counted in months rather than years. One important source of competitive advantage is human behavior. Team leaders that manage the subtle, but powerful, forces of group dynamics and culture achieve better business outcomes. Team leaders that fail to identify and manage these subtle forces in real-time risk having their plans thwarted.
- Author BiographyCatherine Mercer Bing is the CEO of ITAP International, Inc., a global consulting firm that specializes in the impact that cultural differences have on business interactions. Ms. Bing has 30+ years in human resources development. She spent more than eight years working as an internal corporate HR professional, and 16 years as an outside communications, HR and cross-cultural consultant. She has travelled and worked with international partners in Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Holland, India, Ireland, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, the Philippines, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, and the UK.
- Author(s)Catherine Mercer Bing
- PublisherTechnics Publications LLC
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBradley Beach
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTechnics Publications LLC
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight488 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.