All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story about a woman who spent years living and traveling around the world on her own personal quest for kwledge. It begins when she lived in the Australian outback where she worked as a photographer for a college, then follows her on her journey across Asia and the Middle East to Europe and North Africa. Trekking in Nepal, staying in a Thai monastery in India, getting caught in fighting in Pakistan, working in Tehran, almost blown up by a bomb in Istanbul, working as an artist in London, living on a kibbutz in Israel, helping a political escapee get out of Egypt, breaking her wrist while climbing down a mountain in Morocco, and meeting world leaders in Prague, Czechoslovakia. These are a few examples of the 43 short stories, illustrated with 50 photographs.
- Author BiographyPhotographer, sculptor, and writer, Barbara Yates presently lives in the Santa Cruz Mountains where she just finished editing her first documentary about A Town Called Happy Camp.
- Author(s)Barbara Yates
- Date of Publication10/09/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.87Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.