All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally published in 1980 and w back in print, Many Voices, One World came out of hundreds of international studies and proposed reforms for global communication media to ensure a free flow of information. Prepared by the distinguished MacBride Commission-and frequently referred to as the MacBride Report-it criticized corporate control of media flows and suggested ways to make media production accessible in poorer countries. Still widely taught and cited, the MacBride Report is a key work in the history of communication that continues to be relevant today.
- Author BiographySean MacBride was an international human rights activist and Nobel Peace Prize-winner who served as chair of the International Commission for the Study of Communication Problems for UNESCO. Also known as The MacBride Commission, this distinguished group included Elie Abel, Hubert Beuve-Mery, Elebe Ma Ekonzo, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Sergei Losev, Mochtar Lubis, Mustapha Mosmoudi, Michio Nagai, Fred Isaac Akporuaro Omu, Bogdan Osolnik, Gamel El Oteifi, Johannes Pieter Pronk, Juan Somavia, Boobli George Verghese, and Betty Zimmerman.
- Author(s)Sean MacBride,The MacBride Commission
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/12/2003
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleCritical Media Studies: Institutions, Politics, and Culture
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width148 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.