All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany Ways to Be Deaf circles the globe - from Asia and Russia to Europe and the United Kingdom, from Africa to South America to the United States - profiling the immense diversity of the world's Deaf communities. Special attention is paid t only to the historical and linguistic origins of each community's signed language, but to the ways each language has been influenced by the hearing population and foreign influences. Twenty-four international contributors of different cultural and scholastic backgrounds make this appraisal truly diverse and expansive in scope.
- Author BiographyLeila Monaghan is a lecturer in the Department of Anthropology at the University of Wyoming. Constanze Schmaling is a linguist at the Institute of German Sign Language and Communication of the Deaf at the University of Hamburg. Karen Nakamura is associate professor of anthropology and East Asian studies at Yale University. Graham H. Turner is senior lecturer in the British Sign Language and Deaf Studies Program at the University of Central Lancashire, UK.
- PublisherGallaudet University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationWashington, DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGallaudet University Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight590 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byConstanze Schmaling,Graham H. Turner,Karen Nakamura,Leila Monaghan
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.