All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most persistent, if vexing, issues facing t just theology but also political theory, sociology, and other disciplines, is the ongoing Palestinian-Israeli conflict. For theology, the problem is especially nettlesome on account of the church's shared history and tradition with the Jewish people. Palestinians, including Palestinian Christians, bear the brunt of suffering and dispossession in the current situation, yet are burdened even more by Christian political appropriation of Zionism. Through an analysis of Palestinian refugee mapping practices for returning to their homeland, Alain Epp Weaver takes up the troubled issue of Palestinian dispossession and argues against the political theology embedded in Zionist cartographic practices that refuse and seek to eliminate evidence of coexistence. Instead, Alain Epp Weaver offers a political theology of redrawing the territory compatible with a bi-national vision for a shared Palestinian-Israeli future.
- Author BiographyAlain Epp Weaver is the director for strategic planning at the Mennonite Central Committee. He served previously as co-representative for Palestine, Jordan, and Iraq at the Mennonite Central Committee and was a project coordinator in the Gaza Strip. He earned a PhD in theology at the University of Chicago Divinity School and is the author of State of Exile: Visions of Diaspora, Witness, and Return (2008). He has edited or co-edited six books, including A Table of Sharing (2011), The Work of Jesus Christ in Anabaptist Perspective (2008), and Under Vine and Fig Tree: Biblical Theologies of Land and the Palestinian-Israeli Conflict (2007), as well as authoring several articles, essays, and chapters in journals and edited publications.
- Author(s)Alain Epp Weaver
- PublisherFortress Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFortress Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.13New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.21New
- AU $6.50Used
- AU $31.93New
- AU $20.04New
- AU $24.96New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $29.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.