All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book was the winner of the Kiriyama Prize and the Encore Award, and shortlisted for the Impac Prize. In an unnamed English town, Jugnu and his lover Chanda have disappeared. Rumours abound in the close-knit Pakistani community and then, on a sw-covered January morning, Chanda's brothers are arrested for murder. Telling the story of the next twelve months, Maps for Lost Lovers opens the heart of a family at the crossroads of culture, community, nationality and religion.
- Author BiographyNadeem Aslam is the author of the award-winning novel Season of the Rainbirds (1993). He lives in the UK.Praise for Season of the Rainbirds:'Nadeem Aslam's is a genuinely exciting new voice - lively, confident, uninhibited and ambitious. This is one of the most impressive first novels of recent years.' Salman Rushdie'An exquisitely turned portrait of small-town life on the subcontinent: it is a real treat.' Daily Telegraph
- PrizesWinner of Kiriyama Pacific Rim Book Prize - Fiction 2005 and Encore Award 2005.
- Author(s)Nadeem Aslam
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication18/09/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight295 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.72Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $28.10Trending at AU $28.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.