Maralinga: The Anangu Story by Yalata and Oak Valley Communities (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.11Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.10Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by books_in_oz
- Est. delivery by 6 Nov
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Maralinga - the Anangu Story is our story. We have told it for our children, our grandchildren and their children. We have told it for you.' In words and pictures Yalata and Oak Valley community members, with author Christobel Mattingley, describe what happened in the Maralinga Tjarutja lands of South Australia before the bombs and after.
- Author BiographyYalata and Oak Valley Communities:..Mima Smart writes: 'Alice Cox, Margaret May, Pansy Woods, Mabel Queama, Marjorie Sandimar, Yvonne Edwards, Mima Smart, Janet May worked as storytellers or translators with Christobel Mattingley to tell the story of what happened at Maralinga. Our story is a very important story that needs to be heard by children and adults across our country. Christobel has added a lot of other stories and information to make a very strong story. We have continued working on the book this year and have just finished another workshop to draw pictures that help tell our story. Dora Queama, Hilda Moodoo, Audra Bridley and Noelene Bridley have helped some of the older ladies to do the paintings.'..Christobel Mattingley is the award-winning author of over 40 books, including for Allen and Unwin, Battle Order 204 and Chelonia Green, Champion of Turtles.
- PrizesCommended for Children's Book Council of Australia Awards: Eve Pownall Award for Information Books 2010. Shortlisted for Australian Award for Excellence in Educational Publishing: Primary Single Title Category 2010 and NSW Premier's History Award: Young People's History Prize 2010.
- Author(s)Yalata and Oak Valley Communities
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2012
- ImprintAllen & Unwin Children's Books
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.), col. map
- Weight358 g
- Width280 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.