All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI've learned so much from Richard about marathon running. If you want to run a marathon, or a faster one, you have to read his book! Haile Gebrselassie, first athlete to run a sub-2:04 Marathon Richard's achievements as a world-class distance runner speak for themselves. His success came from a meticulous approach to training and from kwing how to get the best out of himself in his races. Paula Radcliffe, women's marathon world record holder (2:15:25, London 2003) Written by Richard Nerurkar, Britain's most successful marathon runner of the 1990s, the fourth edition of this classic, invaluable guide will help you get the most from your distance training. From the complete beginner enchanted by the challenge of the London Marathon, to the experienced runner wishing to improve on racing strategy, its authoritative pages reveal a wealth of information on: structuring an effective build-up and taper training harder without doing too much improving your endurance and pace judgement producing your best on race-day. This new edition has been fully updated to take account of the latest developments in running science and programme design. Also included are tips on how to choose a good marathon and the pitfalls of bad ones, as well as more insights from Richard and other leading runners.
- Author BiographyIn the 1990s Richard Nerurkar had a number of top-five finishes at the World and European Championships, in the Olympics and in the London Marathon. After nine years in Ethiopia where he pioneered mass-participation running events, Richard moved back to the UK and has continued to work in event management, as well as giving advice to runners of various levels from youngsters up to the world's elite.
- Author(s)Richard Nerurkar
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/08/2012
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Sport
- Content NoteColour photography
- Weight539 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.