All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery year, thousands of people are inspired to don their running shoes and take on the challenge of a marathon. On the road to the finish line, though, many marathon hopefuls fall by the wayside, struck down by injury. Plans that are too intensive or that don't prepare the body for running and igre correct technique are largely to blame. Nikalas Cook adopts a cross-training approach to running. He incorporates functional strength training, complementary activities such as cycling and swimming, and only three focused running sessions per week into his plan to deliver runners to the finish line 100 per cent prepared and injury-free. In just over six months, you can go from complete n-runner, through your first 5k/10k half-marathon to success in the full 26.2 miles of the marathon.
- Author BiographyNikalas Cook is a writer and coach who specializes in health, fitness, endurance and adventure sports. Having studied a postgraduate degree in Health and Exercise Science, he worked for eight years as a top personal trainer in the UK. As well as completing marathons, triathlons, ultra-marathons and other endurance challenges himself, he has successfully trained numerous clients to achieve their own endurance goals. These have included four successful Marathon des Sables (150-mile race in the Moroccan Sahara) clients, including journalist and TV presenter Kate Spicer. He knows what constructing and implementing a safe and effective training plan involves, the kit needed, the nitty-gritty questions that always get asked and, most importantly, how to get you to the start-line fit, strong and injury-free.
- Author(s)Nikalas Cook
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobert Hale Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width176 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.