Marathon and Half Marathon: The Beginner's Guide by Sportmedbc, Marnie Caron (Paperback / softback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.83Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $18.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver 20 million Americans run recreationally, but doing it right is more than a matter of buying an expensive pair of shoes and heading for the track. Building on the popularity of The Beginning Runner s Handbook, this practical, easy-to-use guide provides a step-by-step program for running a half or full marathon for the first time. It shows readers how to get motivated and set realistic goals, choose the proper shoes, eat right, build strength and endurance, and avoid sore muscles and injury. The book includes tips from elite runners on such subjects as staying motivated when the weather is extreme, running technique, running with a dog, and running partners. Finally, the book describes strategies for the race, what to expect on race day, and the psychological effects of finishing a half or full marathon. Most importantly, it includes a full training program designed to ensure that that crucial first race is a winner.
- Author BiographyMarnie Caron writes extensively in the area of sport health and sport training as SportMedBC s Communications Coordinator. She holds an M.A. in Communication Studies with a focus on the health of first nations women in Canada. Marnie resides in Vancouver where she combines her love of running with her passion for politics and social development issues. SportMedBC is a not-for-profit society that is a focal point for sport health, sport safety and sport training within the province of British Columbia. Located in Vancouver, SportMedBC provides a full-range of sport medicine and science related services to athletes, coaches, parents, fitness enthusiasts and others involved in the sport system. Dr. Jack Taunton is known and respected as one of the top Sports Medicine Doctors in North America. He was Chief Medical Officer of the Sydney 2000 Olympics and two Pan Am and World Student Games; Medical Officer of the '88 Winter Olympics, three Commonwealth Games, and four World Championships; Team Physician for the Vancouver Grizzlies and Vancouver Canucks, and Team Physician for the Women's National Field Hockey Team. Dr. Taunton has also completed over 61 marathons. He lives in Vancouver.
- Author(s)Marnie Caron,Sportmedbc
- PublisherGreystone Books,Canada
- Date of Publication20/04/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintGreystone Books,Canada
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width181 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Foreword byJack Taunton
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.