All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSpring, 1603: Queen Elizabeth is dying, and England waits anxiously. The Virgin Queen hasn't named an heir, refusing even to speak. Her cousin James, King of Scotland, is assumed to be her successor, but will the transition be peaceful? Sir Robert Cecil, Secretary of State, fears insurrection and has brought troops to the capital. But from where might the danger come - overseas, or from malcontents closer to home? Meanwhile Marbeck, Cecil's best intelligencer, is under a cloud, wrongly suspected of shady dealings with the Spanish. So when the son of his friend Lady Celia Scroop joins a fanatical Puritan sect, he's glad to leave London to try and find the wayward youth. But events move fast and Marbeck finds himself in a maelstrom: forced to confront plots from two directions, that threaten t only the peace of the nation but the very fabric of England itself ...
- Author BiographyJohn Pilkington has written plays for radio and theatre as well as television scripts for the BBC. Born in Lancashire, he now lives in Devon.
- Author(s)John Pilkington
- PublisherSevern House Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication27/02/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleA Martin Marbeck Mystery
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationSutton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- ImprintSevern House Large Print Books
- Weight510 g
- Width141 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition StatementFirst World Large Print
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.20
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.66
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.92
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $20.04
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.46
- AU $21.87Trending at AU $24.81
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.