All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.31
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $7.81Trending at AU $8.37
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.49
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.25
About this product
- DescriptionIn a life of ceaseless exploration, Marco Polo pushed out the borders of his narrow medieval world. Born in Venice in 1254, the young Marco Polo first met his father at age 15, when the elder Polo returned from a trading expedition to the East. The father's tales of the court of the Kublai Khan in China ignited a lifelong passion for adventure in the son. The Polos set out for China in 1271, traveling through the Middle East, across the Gobi Desert, to Khanbaliq in China. The journey took four years. Kublai Khan took a great liking to Marco Polo, employing him as a spy throughout his vast empire. Marco traveled and observed the cultures of Sumatra, Sri Lanka, and India in this capacity. His tes later became one of the world's great travel books, The Description of the World.
- Author BiographyNick McCarty is an author and an award-winning scriptwriter for television and radio. He lives in London, England.
- Author(s)Nick McCarty
- PublisherNational Geographic Society
- Date of Publication12/09/2006
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleNational Geographic World History Biographies (Library)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Geographic Society
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width182 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.