Margaret Beaufort: Mother of the Tudor Dynasty by Elizabeth Norton (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.64+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $22.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe extraordinary true story of the 'Red Queen'. Born in the midst of the Wars of the Roses, Margaret Beaufort became the greatest heiress of her time. She survived a turbulent life, marrying four times and enduring imprisonment before passing her claim to the crown of England to her son, Henry VII, the first of the Tudor monarchs. Margaret's royal blood placed her on the fringes of the Lancastrian royal dynasty. After divorcing her first husband at the age of ten, she married the king's half-brother, Edmund Tudor, becoming a widow and bearing her only child, the future Henry VII, before her fourteenth birthday. Margaret was always passionately devoted to the interests of her son who claimed the throne through her. She embroiled herself in both treason and conspiracy as she sought to promote his claims, allying herself with the Yorkist Queen, Elizabeth Woodville, in an attempt to depose Richard III. She was imprisoned by Richard and her lands confiscated, but she continued to work on her son's behalf, ultimately persuading her fourth husband, the powerful Lord Stanley, to abandon the king in favour of Henry on the eve of the decisive Battle of Bosworth. It was Lord Stanley himself who placed the crown on Henry's head on the battlefield. Henry VII gave his mother unparalleled prominence during his reign. She established herself as an independent woman and ended her life as regent of England, ruling on behalf of her seventeen-year-old grandson, Henry VIII.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Norton gained her first degree from the University of Cambridge, and her Masters from the University of Oxford. Her other books include CATHERINE PARR ('Scintillating' THE FINANCIAL TIMES, 'Cuts an admirably clear path through tangled Tudor intrigues' JENNY UGLOW, 'Wonderful - a joy to read' HERSTORIA), ANNE BOLEYN: HENRY VIII'S OBSESSION ('Meticulously researched and a great read' THEANNEBOLEYNFILES.COM), ANNE OF CLEVES: HENRY VIII'S DISCARDED BRIDE, JANE SEYMOUR: HENRY VIII'S TRUE LOVE, MARGARET BEAUFORT: MOTHER OF THE TUDOR DYNASTY, ANNE BOLEYN IN HER OWN WORDS & THE WORDS OF THOSE WHO KNEW HER ('A very useful compilation of source material on Anne Boleyn - a well produced book' ALISON WEIR), ENGLAND'S QUEENS: THE BIOGRAPHY (all published by Amberley Publishing) and SHE WOLVES: THE NOTORIOUS QUEENS OF ENGLAND. She lives in Kingston Upon Thames.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Norton
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/10/2011
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note102
- Width124 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.