CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- Description'Margaret Catchpole, you have been found guilty of the crime of horse stealing. You will be taken from this place, back to the prison whence you came, and there to a place of execution, and there to be hanged by the neck until you are dead, and may God have mercy on your soul.' For love of a sailor, turned smuggler, Margaret Catchpole, a law abiding, religious young woman, found herself condemned to death. Yet, she would live to be transported, for life, to the colony of New South Wales where she became servant, shopkeeper, midwife, heroine and a household name. This is the story of an illiterate Suffolk maid who became a legend and has left us with one of the few convict accounts of life in the penal colony of New South Wales on the other side of the world.
- Author BiographyAileen Pluker. Born in Victoria, mother of four, with a passion for European and early Australian history. A teacher for over thirty years she took up writing in retirement. She has written two teenaged novels under her maiden name, Patricia Cunningham. Margaret Catchpole is Aileen's second adult novel.
- Author(s)Aileen Pluker
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication09/02/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight538 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.