All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionArdent feminist, leader of the transcendentalist movement, participant in the European revolutions of 1848-49, and an inspiration for Zebia in Hawthorne's Blithedale Romance and the caricature Miranda in James Russell Lowell's Fable for Critics, Margaret Fuller was one of the most influential personalities of her day. Though a plethora of critical writings, biographies, and bibliographies on Fuller have been available-as well as her three published books, European dispatches, and editions of her letters and journals-until w there has been complete, reliable edition of her writings from the New-York Tribune, where she was the first literary editor. Fuller wrote 250 articles for the Tribune, only 38 of which have been reprinted in modern editions; this book makes this significant portion of her writings available to the public for the first time. Judith Mattson Bean and Joel Myerson have assembled a selection of Fuller's essays and reviews on American and British literature, music, culture and politics, and art. The accompanying fully antated, searchable CD-ROM contains all of Fuller's New-York Tribune writings.
- Author BiographyJudith Mattson Bean is associate professor of English at Texas Woman's University in Denton and has published numerous articles on Fuller. Joel Myerson, Carolina Distinguished Professor of American Literature at the University of South Carolina, has published the standard primary and secondary bibliographies of Fuller. A past president of the Association for Documentary Editing, the Thoreau Society, and the Ralph Waldo Emerson Society, he is currently president of the Margaret Fuller Society.
- Author(s)Margaret Fuller
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication05/09/2000
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Notewith CD-ROM
- Weight862 g
- Width154 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byJoel Myerson,Judith Mattson Bean
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and CD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.