All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a collection in the Peppercanister series, unified by a sequence of poems that touches deeply on family circumstances, broadening into a historical and political insight into contemporary life through the eyes of Marcul Aurelius, into a broader setting of the human being with his sense of exile from meaning and meaningful living. This book is one of the most powerful of the series.
- Author BiographyThomas Kinsella was born in Dublin in 1928. He attended University College, Dublin, entering the Civil Service in 1946. He has taught in the United States and established and administered the Irish Tradition study programme in Dublin, retiring in 1992. He was a director of the Dolmen Press and Cuala Press, Dublin, and in 1972 established Peppercanister Press. He is best known as a major poet (published by Dolmen, Peppercanister and Oxford University Press), a translator (of The Tain and Poems of the Dispossessed) and a radical anthologist (of the New Oxford Book of Irish Verse).
- Author(s)Thomas Kinsella
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication23/02/2006
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitlePeppercanister S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 24
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarcanet Press Ltd
- Out-of-print date21/09/2012
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.