All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarginalization in urban China is a consequence of the processes that constrain the disadvantaged from making a claim to citizenship. This book provides insights into marginalization in Chinese cities, and enriches social inequality research by creating comparative perspectives on property right changes, rural to urban migration, the role of the state and welfare restructuring. It covers a wide range of topics such as social inequality and the polarization debates, neoliberalism and the urban poor, urbanization, citizenship and property rights, residential segregation, and reemployment training. The contributors draw on their extensive experiences in urban inequality research to highlight that marginalization in urban China is related to constrained rights rather than deserted 'outcasts'. They base their analyses on up-to-date empirical materials from in-depth interviews, quantitative social surveys, and detailed population census data, which have t been disclosed on such a detailed geographical scale before.
- Author BiographyFULONG WU is Professor of East Asian Planning and Development and the Director of the Urban China Research Centre at the School of City and Regional Planning of Cardiff University, UK. His research interests includes China's urban poverty, governance and transformation. His most recent book is China's Urban Poverty. CHRIS WEBSTER is Professor of Urban Planning and Development and Head of the School of City and Regional Planning, Cardiff University, UK. He is an honorary Professor at Hong Kong University, and has published numerous scholarly papers and books in his fields of expertise.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleInternational Political Economy Series
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note0, 57 black & white tables, 19 figures
- Weight511 g
- Width143 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byC. J. Webster,Fulong Wu
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.