All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn her works Mari Sandoz offers an encompassing view of American history which includes t only the history of the white newcomers, but also that of the indigeus peoples of the rthern Western hemisphere. A descendant of Swiss settlers in Nebraska, Sandoz was keenly aware of the multicultural facets of the United States and masterfully fused history, ethlogy, and fiction. Highlighting Sandoz's major works from a post-colonial perspective, this study brings her approach into focus, and thus argues against an overly narrow conception of the American literary can.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Laura R. Villiger studied English and German Literature and Linguistics at the University of Zurich. She received her doctoral degree on Mari Sandoz's principal works. Currently she teaches at a Gymnasium in Zuerich.
- Author(s)Laura R. Villiger
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/1995
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleSwiss American Historical Society Publication
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1994
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight495 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.