All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionComplete Works 1957-2010 is the first comprehensive catalog of the work of legendary French furniture designer Maria Pergay. Pergay, who began her career creating silver objects, is most rewned for her work with stainless steel. First discovering this material in 1968 with the w iconic Flying Carpet daybed, she continues to explore and reinvent the medium with unique vision. Her consistently elegant and invative designs have gained her increasing international stature. Compiled with Pergay's collaboration, this survey of her work chronicles over 50 years of creation and presents detailed descriptions and images of over 300 pieces, many of which have t been previously published. While 2010 marks Pergay's 80th birthday, her vigor has t diminished and the strength with which she has maintained her core vision becomes even more evident.
- Author BiographyMaria Pergay's first collection of stainless steel furniture, including the 'Ring' chair and the 'Flying Carpet' daybed was exhibited in 1968 at Galerie Maison Jardin, under the direction of decorator Jean Dive. Her success was instant, and Maria was quickly sought after by sophisticated collectors for private commissions. In the 1970's Pergay went on to work in Saudi Arabia where she designed palace interiors for the Royal family. In the late 80s through 1990s, Pergay worked on several important commissions in Russia. Throughout these years, she continued to pursue her innovative work in stainless steel. Since her groundbreaking show of new work in 2006, Pergay has exhibited internationally, including Paris, Korea and London. She has also focused on private commissions and is working with Demisch Danant on her catalogue raisonne which will be released in 2011. In her 80th year, after a half century of creation, Pergay continues to surprise both herself and her collectors. She resides in Paris.
- Author(s)Maria Pergay
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- Place of PublicationBologna
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Weight2260 g
- Width238 mm
- Height298 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.